Skip to main content

CODE BLUE ~ SNIPPET (This is NSFW)

Blue has a moment of 'clarity':

"Shit sounds crazy as fuck comin' from an asshole like me, I know, but all I ever wanted in my entire goddamn life was to belong to somethin', Riv. When my old man joined up with the Shadow Riders, I saw how happy that shit made him -- how fuckin' proud he was to wear that jacket and eventually take his place beside Wolf in that second chair before Styx's old man came along and took it over." He spun on his heels and outstretched his hand on the table. "Right here." He drew his fingers back and forth across the wood, then glowered and began chipping away at the edge of it. "The day he came home showin' me that patch and tellin' me what the fuck it meant for him to finally have it, I knew that I wanted to be just like him -- wearin' that same goddamn patch and holdin' a cut of my own while that Shadow Riders jacket just draped over my goddamn shoulders like I was king of the fuckin' world..." He stopped to laugh. "And I wanted to do it all with fresh pussy comin' at me left and right like money shootin' out of a goddamn slot machine." He turned his eyes over to his best friend, who stared at him curiously. "The minute you gave me that cut and jacket, and Wolf handed me the same title as my old man not long after... shit made me feel like I was finally worth somethin'," he said. "Like I'd finally been validated or some shit, and I had a purpose." He took in a breath and turned his eyes to the floor.

"And you're no longer feelin' that shit."

"That ain't what I said--"

"Then what the fuck are you sayin', brother?" asked an agitated River. He folded his arms over his chest and leaned his head. "'Cause what it sounds like is that even after all the shit we been through with this goddamn club, and all the years we spent tryin' to make it better than what it was as Wolf did nothin' but try runnin' it into the goddamn ground, you finally want out."

Blue rattled his head and raised his shoulders. "What I'm sayin' is that after the shit that went down here last night, I don't think I fuckin' know anymore," he told him. "Not like I once did."



THOUGHTS?

What do you think happens that has such a devoted, longtime member of the Shadow Riders like Blue contemplating leaving the club? 



Think about that for a while and in the meantime, look for the BLURB followed up by the BOOK to drop later this summer. I will be posting more snippets from now until then to keep you on your toes!

I'll be in a cave writing for the rest of the week, only checking in every now and then. So have a blessed week, keep reading and above all, stay safe in all this crazy upcoming weather!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Ready for A Brand New MC Romance?! ~ Introducing 'Reaper's Promise'

The original title was "Chained to the Bad Boy Biker" but as the plot grew to be more complicated and the characters developed, I decided to change the theme and title to ' REAPER'S PROMISE '. It will soon be both available for sale on AMAZON for 99cents and in Kindle Unlimited. So if you are part of that program, you will be able to read this book for FREE in the library! Here is the blurb along with the official cover: "They play by the rules and get f*cked. We don't and never do."   Colette: I woke up in Vegas married to my ex-boyfriend's hot as hell biker brother. Not that I'm exactly complaining considering I've practically been in love with him since forever, but... Record scratch. Wait a second. I bet you're wondering how the hell a kindergarten teacher got here, right? Well join the (biker) club, because so am I!     Roman: She woke up next to me in Vegas with a diamond cuff around her ankle a

FWIW: This is a Personal Note, so Please Read at Your Own Risk

I truly appreciate the passion many readers have for Inflamed - the title is very aptly named, I think. However ( and I never planned to do this and don't really ever plan to address something like this again in the future, but it's kind of getting to me personally and affecting my daily writing process for the next book ), I don't think I expected some of the more vitriolic messages I've received as a result of this book either. Now, I expected opposition to the story/characters/writing/setting/swearing before I was even halfway done with the book, so that's not what this is about. People are entitled to feel how they choose and once a book leaves my hands and is in yours, it's no longer something I "own". Truth be told, I really appreciate hearing all sides because it helps me to grow as an author, and this is where reader feedback comes in. But I think that a line of respect on both ends sort of needs to be drawn as well. I stay away from revi

A Shadow Riders MC: Bluespiration

Blue + Inspiration = Bluespiration... You get it. Anywho! It took me awhile, but I think I finally found my Blue! Now he's younger than I'd like, a wee bit taller than he should be, his eyes are a different color than written and his hair is much longer than Blue's will ever get...  BUT. BUT. BUT. BUT . LOOK AT THIS GUY. JUST LOOK. ( I'm not sure where this picture is from originally, but I got it from PINTEREST ) He's like Tarzan and Thor all rolled into one or something. His name is Brock O'Hurn and he's an apparent Instagram star because he looks, well, like that . I'd seen him before ( long before I penned a single Shadow Riders book ) but when I kept thinking about Blue and what he looked like, a face similar to this is what kept popping up. To me, Blue has always had the wisdom of someone like Bobby from #SOA but looks as if he could even set the sun on fire. Anyway, I thought I'd sha