Skip to main content

What Happened To Miss Independent?

Hi everyone! The story I've been working on is finally a finished product!

 
 
I love this cover a lot! I wavered between this and a set of diamond rings. The latter was really pretty, but it didn't really fit for the vibe I was going for, story wise. I feel like this cover really pulls the entire story together. Miss Independent is the first in a planned series and I am working on the second one as we speak (as well as my other stories, lol). The title and storyline were inspired by Kelly Clarkson's song with the same name. Originally the main character, Vanessa, was quite different. Then again, I first had the idea for the story when I was seventeen. Attempting to pen a twenty-something character at that age when I had not gone through enough experiences myself was not the easiest thing to do, so of course, a lot changed in that respect. Vanessa and company are probably my favorite of the characters I've written thus far, if only because they are similar to many people I have known in real life. I can relate to them, not just as a woman of color myself, but to their circumstances (some, not all) and I'm hoping that whoever picks up this book will be able to do the same.
 
This is probably the first time I haven't been shy or biting my nails in sharing my work, fearing it won't be liked or judged in a harsh manner. Whether you love it or loathe it, it's something that I am truly proud to share with you all either way!
 
 
Here is the trailer for the book:
 
 
 
 
As well as the blurb:
 

What happens when you learn the love of your life is marrying someone else? What happens when that someone else is your former best friend?

Twenty-three year old Vanessa Rae Brown has it all – exceptional beauty, smarts, and an envious career as the Editor-In-Chief of the popular Attitude Magazine, founded by her famous mother. The only thing she doesn’t have is what she’s always wanted, a life with the handsome Nathaniel Taylor.

Unfortunately, Nathaniel decided that a life with Vanessa’s former best friend might be better suited for him. Not because he wanted it, but because he didn’t have much of a choice when Vanessa dumped him in their senior year after she caught him having sex in the locker room showers with his now fiancée, Sheila Harris.
Five years have passed since Vanessa has laid eyes on either one of them. Now with their high school reunion just around the corner, it’ll be impossible to continue avoiding not only their impending wedding, but Vanessa’s lingering feelings for her ex., and immense hatred for her former best friend.
 
 
The book is currently available for pre-order on Amazon kindle for $2.99. It will be released on January 15, 2015.
 
The physical copy will be released today on CreateSpace for $16.45 and on other channels within 3 to 5 days. I will provide links when they become available. I will also provide sample pages for the physical copy IF possible. Otherwise, waiting until it releases on Amazon Kindle this Thursday to read sample pages might be your best bet. It's not physically in bookstores (until or unless there is a future demand), so you will only be able to purchase it via online retailers. I am planning to do another Goodreads giveaway at some point as well.
 
Stay tuned and hope you enjoy reading!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CRASHED: Prologue

Prologue   Sarasota, Florida   10 Years Earlier   Crash   "You know the first time I ever fucked that crazy bitch was in the back of her own goddamn car? Balls to the walls -- cock straight to the back of her motherfuckin' throat like a pro." Crash flicked a violent stream of ashes to the ground like a motherfucker who had just smoked his last joint and stared across the Demons parking lot with a wave of remembrance in his eyes. As a whisper of freshly burned rubber lingered high in the air, he lowered his gaze from the smoke covered clubhouse and chuckled. "But do you know what the fuck her ass said right after it was done? ' Do you love me yet, baby? '"    Stacks crossed his heavily tatted arms and arched a greying brow, glancing at his brother from the corner of his eye as he shrugged. "And how the fuck did your ass manage to respond to some shit like that?"   "Told her I could barely remember her name and I can't love a bitch whose

Are You Ready for A Brand New MC Romance?! ~ Introducing 'Reaper's Promise'

The original title was "Chained to the Bad Boy Biker" but as the plot grew to be more complicated and the characters developed, I decided to change the theme and title to ' REAPER'S PROMISE '. It will soon be both available for sale on AMAZON for 99cents and in Kindle Unlimited. So if you are part of that program, you will be able to read this book for FREE in the library! Here is the blurb along with the official cover: "They play by the rules and get f*cked. We don't and never do."   Colette: I woke up in Vegas married to my ex-boyfriend's hot as hell biker brother. Not that I'm exactly complaining considering I've practically been in love with him since forever, but... Record scratch. Wait a second. I bet you're wondering how the hell a kindergarten teacher got here, right? Well join the (biker) club, because so am I!     Roman: She woke up next to me in Vegas with a diamond cuff around her ankle a

A Shadow Riders MC: Bluespiration

Blue + Inspiration = Bluespiration... You get it. Anywho! It took me awhile, but I think I finally found my Blue! Now he's younger than I'd like, a wee bit taller than he should be, his eyes are a different color than written and his hair is much longer than Blue's will ever get...  BUT. BUT. BUT. BUT . LOOK AT THIS GUY. JUST LOOK. ( I'm not sure where this picture is from originally, but I got it from PINTEREST ) He's like Tarzan and Thor all rolled into one or something. His name is Brock O'Hurn and he's an apparent Instagram star because he looks, well, like that . I'd seen him before ( long before I penned a single Shadow Riders book ) but when I kept thinking about Blue and what he looked like, a face similar to this is what kept popping up. To me, Blue has always had the wisdom of someone like Bobby from #SOA but looks as if he could even set the sun on fire. Anyway, I thought I'd sha