Skip to main content

Welcome to 2015!

Happy, happy, HAPPY New Year!

So thankful for this year, it's unbelievable!

Also very thankful for those that continue to buy my books and read this blog!

In case anyone was wondering (I'm not exactly sure how many people really read this blog, but just in case, lol) I also write under the pen name, "Inez". I have two other books written under that name, though they are YA. You can find them here and here !! They are both the first in planned series' (2 more books a piece). The Inner Circle will be listed as FREE tomorrow on Amazon Kindle, btw! I've changed the cover, which you can apparently only see while viewing a sample. As of now, the cover is just this generic looking thing that at the time, I felt was fitting, but the more I have looked at it, it just *looks* like a stock photo. And it is, but I don't want it to look like that.

Anyway. Unfortunately, it will take me time to get around to finishing both of the second and third books (as well as the third book in the Royal Chronicles of Denmark series) because my laptop with all of my manuscripts burnt out on me a few months back. It literally shut off as I was working and never turned back on. It's taking me a lot longer than I would like to get what I need to transfer the files from one laptop to another, mainly because of work and other personal things going on at the moment. For anyone waiting on the third installment of Chronicles, all I can ask for is patience and hope you stick around for other projects. Technology can be a real bitch sometimes.

In the meantime, I have managed to channel what's been going on with me into another story that I managed to complete *a lot* faster than planned. I started it the moment I got my new laptop and haven't really stopped writing since. The project I was speaking about in a previous blog? I'm putting the final touches on it right now. I'm in the process of querying lit agents with this project, but the longer I think about it, the more I'm convinced I will self-pub this project as well, though I am going to go about it a little differently because the project itself is completely different from what I've done already. It's not a murder mystery (The Inner Circle), nor is it fantasy (The Fallen) or remotely historical in tone or setting. This is something I had been mentally working on for years and years and years.

I first tried writing the story as a television script when I was seventeen. That did not work out and in the end turned out to be a huge mess! But I was so attached to the idea and the characters I had created from it, that I just kept it in a pocket in the back of my mind over the course of ten or so years. When I finally managed to sit down and start over from scratch, it literally felt as if someone was telling me a story and I was just putting it down on paper for them. I had never had something come to me so 'easily' so to speak, but that was mainly because I knew this story already, I knew these characters, and the conflicts involved (give or take a few things). It was just all a matter of getting it unscrambled in my head and making it right on paper.

Hopefully I'll have more news in the coming weeks where that project is concerned. Since I am leaning toward self pubbing, I am thinking of having it available for pre-order, with a promotional countdown to when the project is released. As well as a book trailer! I'm so excited for this story, I've been thinking of so many possibilities on ways of getting it out there before it's truly out there! I need more of a game plan and I think I'm finally learning what it really means to be a self-pubbed author. I've also learned how to better plot my stories as well as end them in a way that is satisfying to an extent, but also leaves people guessing.

As I said, I hope to have more news in the coming weeks, but in the meantime, enjoy the first few weeks of this brand new year!!!! I hope to have a great one and I hope you do too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Ready for A Brand New MC Romance?! ~ Introducing 'Reaper's Promise'

The original title was "Chained to the Bad Boy Biker" but as the plot grew to be more complicated and the characters developed, I decided to change the theme and title to ' REAPER'S PROMISE '. It will soon be both available for sale on AMAZON for 99cents and in Kindle Unlimited. So if you are part of that program, you will be able to read this book for FREE in the library! Here is the blurb along with the official cover: "They play by the rules and get f*cked. We don't and never do."   Colette: I woke up in Vegas married to my ex-boyfriend's hot as hell biker brother. Not that I'm exactly complaining considering I've practically been in love with him since forever, but... Record scratch. Wait a second. I bet you're wondering how the hell a kindergarten teacher got here, right? Well join the (biker) club, because so am I!     Roman: She woke up next to me in Vegas with a diamond cuff around her ankle a

A Shadow Riders MC: Bluespiration

Blue + Inspiration = Bluespiration... You get it. Anywho! It took me awhile, but I think I finally found my Blue! Now he's younger than I'd like, a wee bit taller than he should be, his eyes are a different color than written and his hair is much longer than Blue's will ever get...  BUT. BUT. BUT. BUT . LOOK AT THIS GUY. JUST LOOK. ( I'm not sure where this picture is from originally, but I got it from PINTEREST ) He's like Tarzan and Thor all rolled into one or something. His name is Brock O'Hurn and he's an apparent Instagram star because he looks, well, like that . I'd seen him before ( long before I penned a single Shadow Riders book ) but when I kept thinking about Blue and what he looked like, a face similar to this is what kept popping up. To me, Blue has always had the wisdom of someone like Bobby from #SOA but looks as if he could even set the sun on fire. Anyway, I thought I'd sha

FWIW: This is a Personal Note, so Please Read at Your Own Risk

I truly appreciate the passion many readers have for Inflamed - the title is very aptly named, I think. However ( and I never planned to do this and don't really ever plan to address something like this again in the future, but it's kind of getting to me personally and affecting my daily writing process for the next book ), I don't think I expected some of the more vitriolic messages I've received as a result of this book either. Now, I expected opposition to the story/characters/writing/setting/swearing before I was even halfway done with the book, so that's not what this is about. People are entitled to feel how they choose and once a book leaves my hands and is in yours, it's no longer something I "own". Truth be told, I really appreciate hearing all sides because it helps me to grow as an author, and this is where reader feedback comes in. But I think that a line of respect on both ends sort of needs to be drawn as well. I stay away from revi