Skip to main content

Music

Here is a list of music I listened to while penning Miss Independent. I've read many authors can listen to music while writing, while some need total silence. I'm a mixture of both. Depending on the scene, sometimes I need to hear certain beats to keep the momentum going. Other times, if I hear more than just the hum of my laptop, I'm completely thrown off and tossed out of a scene and its dynamic entirely.

The first song on the list is pretty obvious as it is in fact the reason I originally named the novel as I did. There's a little story behind how Miss Independent originally came about, including an almost unhealthy obsession with all things Beverly Hills 90210 (the original class, of course) and why it took me 10 years to finally put the story on paper. That'll come at a later time, most likely after I've finished book 2.

Anywho. My list of music for this book is very eclectic. Some songs are flat out explicit, so if you choose to, listen at your own risk. The bolded ones are the songs I listened to the most/remained on repeat for a large portion of the book:


Miss Independent ~ Kelly Clarkson

Take Me to Church ~ Hozier

Touch Me, Why ~ Cathy Dennis

Make it Rain ~ Ed Sheeran

Happily Ever After ~ Case

Little Too Much ~ Natasha Bedingfield

Can’t Believe ~ Carl Thomas feat Faith Evans

Halo ~ Bethany Joy Lenz

Wrecking Ball ~ Miley Cyrus

Best Thing I Never Had ~ Beyonce

Beat It ~ Michael Jackson

Sugar We’re Going Down Swingin’ ~ Fall Out Boy

Can’t Raise A Man ~ K. Michelle

Closer ~ Nine Inch Nails

Always Be My Baby ~ Mariah Carey

Heartbreaker (Remix) ~ Mariah Carey

Rich Girl ~ Hall & Oates

Hold You In My Arms ~ Ray LaMontagne

Don’t Let Go ~ En Vogue

Skinny Love ~ Birdy

Hips Swing ~ Savage

 
 

 
 


 
At some point, I'm going to blog why some songs hit a certain spot for me and were played numerous times throughout, until even my dog was sick of hearing them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"CODE BLUE" UPDATES: PRE ORDER NEWS

For those interested, Code Blue is up for PreOrder on Amazon! CLICK HERE!

If you've yet to pick up the first book in this series of standalones about the Shadow Riders MC, Inflamed, CLICK HERE!

I apologize for such a long delay, but 2016 has been a ROUGH year and the last few months have been terribly hectic with many unexpected family things going on that I couldn't control, but I'm back now.

I haven't done a preorder for any of my books in about a year, but I've been asked so often about Code Blue since the release of Inflamed earlier this year that I thought it might be better to have a firm date set in place instead of one that I was hoping for (September). The release will be February 17, 2017. And just so you know, this book is even longer than Inflamed by a few thousand words. Blue's story and backstory really took me by surprise, as did his connection and bond with Roxy. They're two broken halves that came together and made each other whole and I re…

Brand New Romance ~ Reaper's Fight: A Wild Reapers MC UPDATES!

Hey all! I know it's been awhile since I've posted, but I've been writing, writing, writing! I'm updating a bit to just let you know that there's been a slight delay with 'Reaper's Fight' during the editing process. However, the book should still be out to you within the next few weeks! Once I'm certain that all is set in stone, I will post release dates and links.

Keep your fingers crossed that all goes well.

If you would like to be notified as soon as it's available for purchase on Amazon, please sign up HERE. The price will be $3.99 and FREE in KU.

And if you've yet to check out the blurb and cover for this novel, check it below!



"Nothin's ever over til it's over, darlin'."
Tatiana: The night I came home to find my sexy as hell ex-husband turned Wild Reaper standing half-naked in my living room, I thought I was dreaming. He was dripping wet from head to toe with nothing but a towel covering his giant d*ck and a smirk on h…

BRAND NEW ROMANCE ~ A Wild Reapers MC: Reaper's Fight UPCOMING RELEASE INFO

Are you ready for REAPER'S FIGHT? 
The second book in the Wild Reapers MC is coming to you this August! Changes have been made in various places of the story in order to make it just RIGHT for you all, and the book has rounded out to be a little more CODE BLUE and INFLAMED in the process! A little more swearing, a little more sex and lots and lots of intrigue! So if you're easily offended by various adult situations that often occur in my MC novels, you might want to SKIP this one!

That being said, I hope that those who have enjoyed reading my Shadow Riders and Wild Reapers will enjoy this one too! The actual release DATE will be posted prior to it going LIVE on Amazon. It will be $3.99 and FREE in Kindle Unlimited.

If you've yet to check out the blurb and cover, CHECK IT BELOW!






"Nothin's ever over 'til it's over, darlin'."
Tatiana: The night I came home to find my sexy as hell ex-husband turned Wild Reaper standing half-naked in my living room, I thou…