Skip to main content

FWIW: This is a Personal Note, so Please Read at Your Own Risk

I truly appreciate the passion many readers have for Inflamed - the title is very aptly named, I think.
However (and I never planned to do this and don't really ever plan to address something like this again in the future, but it's kind of getting to me personally and affecting my daily writing process for the next book), I don't think I expected some of the more vitriolic messages I've received as a result of this book either.

Now, I expected opposition to the story/characters/writing/setting/swearing before I was even halfway done with the book, so that's not what this is about. People are entitled to feel how they choose and once a book leaves my hands and is in yours, it's no longer something I "own". Truth be told, I really appreciate hearing all sides because it helps me to grow as an author, and this is where reader feedback comes in. But I think that a line of respect on both ends sort of needs to be drawn as well.

I stay away from review sites because I feel those are spaces for readers and not necessarily for authors as the last thing someone wants is to have another person looking over their shoulder as they type out their thoughts. But again, I feel that open communication is necessary and that dialog is a good thing to have with your audience. That said, when things like my sanity or humanity and even my womanhood are being questioned, things start to take a turn in the wrong direction. All I ask is that you understand I'm still a person. Words affect people deeply and I think that can be forgotten sometimes. How one feels about my writing is something that I can truly appreciate, good or bad. People took a chance on this book as much as I took a chance in writing it and really, that's all that matters. But as a person, it stings when someone sends you pictures of straight jackets or says that you must be mentally ill for writing a book like this. As I said, I think a sort of line needs to be drawn.

I love and appreciate all of my readers whether you loved the book or not. But, maybe if you didn't like it as much, it's best to vent to your friends about it instead of me.

Thank you. :-)

Comments

  1. Inflamed had me completely overtaken. It's a very long book that I read in a day and a half because I was instantly drawn in and addicted! River and Mia were so hot and had such a deep connection. I really hope this series continues. Especially with Blue and Styx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Natashia! I'm so glad that you enjoyed the book and that you managed to read it so quickly, LOL! I'm planning for Blue's book next and that will come out later this summer. Following that will be Styx's story, which may come out by the end of the year or early next year. I'm not sure yet, but I'll definitely keep you posted on the status of both! :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Ready for A Brand New MC Romance?! ~ Introducing 'Reaper's Promise'

The original title was "Chained to the Bad Boy Biker" but as the plot grew to be more complicated and the characters developed, I decided to change the theme and title to ' REAPER'S PROMISE '. It will soon be both available for sale on AMAZON for 99cents and in Kindle Unlimited. So if you are part of that program, you will be able to read this book for FREE in the library! Here is the blurb along with the official cover: "They play by the rules and get f*cked. We don't and never do."   Colette: I woke up in Vegas married to my ex-boyfriend's hot as hell biker brother. Not that I'm exactly complaining considering I've practically been in love with him since forever, but... Record scratch. Wait a second. I bet you're wondering how the hell a kindergarten teacher got here, right? Well join the (biker) club, because so am I!     Roman: She woke up next to me in Vegas with a diamond cuff around her ankle a

A Shadow Riders MC: Bluespiration

Blue + Inspiration = Bluespiration... You get it. Anywho! It took me awhile, but I think I finally found my Blue! Now he's younger than I'd like, a wee bit taller than he should be, his eyes are a different color than written and his hair is much longer than Blue's will ever get...  BUT. BUT. BUT. BUT . LOOK AT THIS GUY. JUST LOOK. ( I'm not sure where this picture is from originally, but I got it from PINTEREST ) He's like Tarzan and Thor all rolled into one or something. His name is Brock O'Hurn and he's an apparent Instagram star because he looks, well, like that . I'd seen him before ( long before I penned a single Shadow Riders book ) but when I kept thinking about Blue and what he looked like, a face similar to this is what kept popping up. To me, Blue has always had the wisdom of someone like Bobby from #SOA but looks as if he could even set the sun on fire. Anyway, I thought I'd sha

CRASHED: Prologue

Prologue   Sarasota, Florida   10 Years Earlier   Crash   "You know the first time I ever fucked that crazy bitch was in the back of her own goddamn car? Balls to the walls -- cock straight to the back of her motherfuckin' throat like a pro." Crash flicked a violent stream of ashes to the ground like a motherfucker who had just smoked his last joint and stared across the Demons parking lot with a wave of remembrance in his eyes. As a whisper of freshly burned rubber lingered high in the air, he lowered his gaze from the smoke covered clubhouse and chuckled. "But do you know what the fuck her ass said right after it was done? ' Do you love me yet, baby? '"    Stacks crossed his heavily tatted arms and arched a greying brow, glancing at his brother from the corner of his eye as he shrugged. "And how the fuck did your ass manage to respond to some shit like that?"   "Told her I could barely remember her name and I can't love a bitch whose