Skip to main content

Editing Process Has Me "INFLAMED"

So I've been MIA for a month.

I think this is actually the longest I've ever gone in not writing a blog because I often put one out every week. But I have been fully committed to finishing this book, making it the absolute best it can be and getting it out in a timely manner, both for myself and for readers. Writing a "standalone" is so much more different than a series because you have to make sure all your ducks are in a row in ONE book. Even if you add others on, they're still separate stories, so you all but have to make ONE book complete, no cliffhangers, no unanswered questions. It sounds easy to stick it all in a single book instead of stretching it over the course of many, but for me, it's not. I'm so used to having things to go back to or to help move me along that I'm having to make sure that everything from page 1 until the very last adds up and makes sense.

But it's been worth it.
 
In the meantime, I've been editing like crazy, drinking Starbucks espresso shots to keep myself awake and alert and it's been working for the most part. This book is longggggggggggggg. Really longggggggggggg, but I think it will be worth your time reading in the long run. Especially when you get to the point of the story where Mia and River finally "commit" to one another and become intimate. I'm editing those scenes right now and they are making me blush like crazy. I love Maurice and Vanessa with all my heart and soul and I love writing all of their intimate scenes. But when it comes time for "The Wedding", those two might have to STEP IT UP.
 
The scenes between Mia and River are so very steamy (to me), so very sexy (to me), so very ADULT to the point that I feel like I wrote.... some of my favorite.... love scenes..... ever.... in this book. They're just very romantic in a sense; there's just a lot of love shown between them during these scenes.
 
I actually couldn't stop writing some of them and then I went back and wanted to add more (today). I could've gone on for pages and pages and pages with some of these scenes because they were just so intimate and beautiful and just felt extremely real to me, but I had to stretch them out over the course of the book.
 
But the first time these two people make love, it is really something magical. I felt like a voyer as I was writing it because they played out in my head so clearly. Also, mood music. Mood music helps a lot when writing intimate scenes.
 
Anyway, the book will be out next week. LOL. I'm shooting for this weekend, but I'm making no promises on that due to Amazon's technical issues as of late that I've seen happening with other authors. That's why I didn't want to put an exact *date* for the book because there is always *something*. So when it finally drops, it'll be more like a SURPRISE, IT'S HERE.
 
That'll be the next post.
 
Just rest assured, it's coming. So hang tight and keep reading!
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Ready for A Brand New MC Romance?! ~ Introducing 'Reaper's Promise'

The original title was "Chained to the Bad Boy Biker" but as the plot grew to be more complicated and the characters developed, I decided to change the theme and title to ' REAPER'S PROMISE '. It will soon be both available for sale on AMAZON for 99cents and in Kindle Unlimited. So if you are part of that program, you will be able to read this book for FREE in the library! Here is the blurb along with the official cover: "They play by the rules and get f*cked. We don't and never do."   Colette: I woke up in Vegas married to my ex-boyfriend's hot as hell biker brother. Not that I'm exactly complaining considering I've practically been in love with him since forever, but... Record scratch. Wait a second. I bet you're wondering how the hell a kindergarten teacher got here, right? Well join the (biker) club, because so am I!     Roman: She woke up next to me in Vegas with a diamond cuff around her ankle a

A Shadow Riders MC: Bluespiration

Blue + Inspiration = Bluespiration... You get it. Anywho! It took me awhile, but I think I finally found my Blue! Now he's younger than I'd like, a wee bit taller than he should be, his eyes are a different color than written and his hair is much longer than Blue's will ever get...  BUT. BUT. BUT. BUT . LOOK AT THIS GUY. JUST LOOK. ( I'm not sure where this picture is from originally, but I got it from PINTEREST ) He's like Tarzan and Thor all rolled into one or something. His name is Brock O'Hurn and he's an apparent Instagram star because he looks, well, like that . I'd seen him before ( long before I penned a single Shadow Riders book ) but when I kept thinking about Blue and what he looked like, a face similar to this is what kept popping up. To me, Blue has always had the wisdom of someone like Bobby from #SOA but looks as if he could even set the sun on fire. Anyway, I thought I'd sha

FWIW: This is a Personal Note, so Please Read at Your Own Risk

I truly appreciate the passion many readers have for Inflamed - the title is very aptly named, I think. However ( and I never planned to do this and don't really ever plan to address something like this again in the future, but it's kind of getting to me personally and affecting my daily writing process for the next book ), I don't think I expected some of the more vitriolic messages I've received as a result of this book either. Now, I expected opposition to the story/characters/writing/setting/swearing before I was even halfway done with the book, so that's not what this is about. People are entitled to feel how they choose and once a book leaves my hands and is in yours, it's no longer something I "own". Truth be told, I really appreciate hearing all sides because it helps me to grow as an author, and this is where reader feedback comes in. But I think that a line of respect on both ends sort of needs to be drawn as well. I stay away from revi